Wednesday, September 28, 2016

PEARLS

 
 
HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US IN ATLANTA
NEXT MONTH:
 
Click the link below for details, dates and theme http://www.soapasn.com/
 
 
PRAYERS REQUESTED FOR THIS WEEKEND:
 
As we will be driving from Los Angeles to Salt Lake City to preach against the LDS Church and their convention. If you wish to give a message to Mormons, this would be the weekend to do so, as thousands come to see their prophet and hear from their apostles. 
 
 And this time it will be us knocking at their door. The photo used was taken from ‘Times magazine’ a number of years ago and that banner was one of my ‘religious banners’ but it has since been destroyed by angry devoted people. 
 
 Religious people are the worst ones to preach too, see Bible for details. Your fingerprints can be there with us in Utah, as I need your prayers for safe travels and that our preaching will once again provoke life changing conversations. 
 
PEARLS FROM BROTHER RUBEN:
 
 
WHY CALL SINNERS YOUR BROTHER?
 
It is very common among believers to call people you’re ‘Brother’ Even among young street preachers, I have heard them call people on the street ‘Bro’
 
YOU NEED TO CLEAN THAT UP!!
 
Not everyone is your brother, I thought our Lord cleared that up?
 
  “But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother”
 Matthew 12:48-50
 
Only those who DO GOD’S WILL is considered family. Jesus also said;
 “Ye are of your father the devil”
hence they are NOT our Brother in any way.
 
Still not convinced?
In the book of Acts we read;
 “Men and brethren” Acts 1:16
 “Ye men and brethren” 13:15
 “men and brethren” 13:38
 “Men and brethren” 15:13
 “Men and brethren” 23:1
 “Men and brethren” 23:6
 “Men and brethren” 28:17
 
You can find more verses and the point is the disciples did not preach calling everyone ‘Brothers’ or ‘Bro’ they said “men and Brothers’
 
IF you are a preacher that calls everyone your ‘brother’ YOU need to clean that up
 
WEEP FOR GOD!!!
 
I know it is very loving these days to say ‘I weep for sinners’ or ‘when was the last time you cried for sinners?’
 
  I have even known preachers that will wipe a tear in public when preaching but HOW ABOUT WEEPING FOR GOD?
 
When was the last time you wept for God, He has feelings too.
“And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them"
 Genesis 6:6-7
 
There are many verses where God was disappointed, not just with mankind but His people and no one cries for God.
 
No one gets emotional for God. 
 
  God is the true victim and no one considers God much these day BUT they claim to have a 'personal relationship' with Him.
 
Who wants to be a ‘friend of God’ or man after God’s own heart’ these days and IF so are you concerned about God or more concerned about sinners?
 
God showed Hosea his heart of grief in the picture of marrying a prostitute. Hence sharing in His grief is scriptural.
 
This was crucial to being a messenger of God to communicate what needs to be said. Where are the ‘sons of Israel’ these days, who cried out against sin and how people disobeyed God. Not trying to justify their sin or understand why they sinned against God.
 
These ‘sons of Israel’ did not weep for those who disobeyed God and preached ‘we are just like you, all have sinned.’
 
NO, they took that sin personal because they knew God very personal. I say WEEP for GOD!
 
 
EXAMINE ME O LORD:
 
“Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts”
Psalm 139:23
 
What many people DO NOT know, is that besides God, I am my biggest critic.
 
I judge myself and my motive harder than most will ever know in my prayer closet.
 
Which is why I do what I do and say what I say with good conscience. False accusations, slander, lies, gossip, labeled a cult and heretic has not affected my 36 years of public service and the day I am concerned what others think. Is the day I hang up my megaphone.
 
“But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man”
 1 Corinthians 2:15


 
WORDS LIKE A BULLET:
 
 
 
I pray the Father use you open air preachers to be as precise with your words into the hearts of a sinner as a sniper would be when he pulls that trigger and removes his target with one shot.
 
Sometimes our preaching is liken to what I call the ‘shot-gun- effect’ as it hits everyone within hearing range but we must also shift gears and be as accurate as a sniper with our words.
 
“The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth”
Ecclesiastes 12:10
 
 
NEED A VISUAL OF
EPHESIANS 4:27:
 
“Neither give place to the devil”
 
When those demons are lurking on your shoulder, telling you lies or tempting you.
 
Give those demons ‘no place’ and stay focused on God and the task you are given.
 
Remember he is ‘like’ a roaring lion, NOT a roaring lion. He has no teeth and can only gum you, that is IF you give him place.
 
 
WHAT WOULD JESUS SAY:
 
Jesus on the CROSS said to those who were mocking and put Him to death;
“Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”
 
I say that was for then and NOT now.
 
Jesus today would say
‘Father DO NOT forgive them, for they know exactly what they are doing’
 
Remember we have had Christianity for over two thousand years, we have Churches everywhere, Christian radio and TV 24/7, The Holy Ghost is offered, We have the Bible given to the common man, countless times they heard and saw what Jesus can do for them, and lastly, have understood He rose from the dead. 
 
 And with ALL that, they continued to reject Him.
 
They say ‘I can sin all I want, its all under the blood’ ‘God forgives’ and ‘he is obligated to forgive me’
 
 
SINNERS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS:
 
How many of you know that we can live a life of lying, stealing, murdering and still go to heaven? 
 
  I was witnessing to someone the other day and when the issue of repentance was pointed out, I shared the story of the woman caught in adultery. Our Lord said to her
“Neither do I condemn thee: go,
and sin no more”
 
He replied without hesitation; ‘I know Jesus said that but what he said is not what you are saying. He told her not to commit adultery anymore, just that sin must stop. She can still lie and steal. We all can do that, no one can stop sinning’
 
Sinners will say anything to justify a life of sin
 
That is right up there with;
Thou shalt not judge is in the 10 Commandments’
 
‘Yes, Mary Magdalene and Jesus dated. You don’t know your Bible’
 
‘Because Jesus told us to follow your heart’
 
‘The more I sin, the more of a Christian I am’
 
‘No I am not a Christian, I am spiritual’
 
‘The government has been hiding the lost books of Jesus because he and the 12 men that followed him were all homosexuals. Judas was caught having sex and was murdered’
 
‘Of course Hitler is in heaven but you people will not make it’
 
' Yes Jesus had long hair, it’s in all the pictures’
 
‘I am considering Islam because in their heaven there in sex’
 
‘Jesus loved marijuana’
 
‘I have read your Bible, I know your Bible and the gospel of Thomas says……’
 
 ‘Yes, abortion is my right, it’s in your God **** Bible you fu**** moron’
 
‘Jesus was Catholic, Judas was a Protestant’
 
‘Will Jesus forgive me if I kill you?’