Tuesday, April 7, 2015

JESUS Lives

IN THE NEWS
 
Don’t you just hate it when you open your mail and find a newspaper with your face on the front page?
 
With Mormon Conference last weekend in Salt Lake City and I’m already on the local news. Oh the life of a street preacher and to boot I was not in Salt Lake, I was preaching in Los Angeles.
 
This story was to be about 300 words but the editor loved it and turned the 300 word story into the headline story for the city newspaper. It is articles like this that help Mormons spend time with you during their conference, since I made the cover of LDS Living and I am the only non-Mormon to ever be the cover magazine it can be beneficial.
 
It has opened up many LDS members to want to talk. Isn’t that what we are there to do, minister to those we are preaching too?
 
 
Click and read the 2 page article on how God can work the soil days before we come to plant or water that seed.
 
 
If you wish to know what the LDS Church believes, the link below is an interview I had with a Mormon high priest in Salt Lake City, where I asked some very candid questions and he answered in detail.
 
The interview may be lengthy with many questions and what you will hear may shock you. This was not a debate, but an interview to expose just what the LDS Church believes. 
 
 
 
QUESTION:
 
I often get asked,
“Ruben what’s your motive? Is it love, is it fear, do you really care”
 
 
I love God and because I love God, I preach and love my fellow neighbor, whether they listen or not. But I think Paul gives a unique motive for sharing Jesus, in 2 Corinthians 5:11 we read; 
 
  “Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences”
 
Because of God terror, the Apostle Paul is inspired to persuade men.
 
 
Another question I get asked is;
“Ruben, why do we have some many false teachers, is this a sign of last days?”
 
No not last days, false teachers and false prophets have been around for centuries.
 
The answer is quite simple. Because people want it so, as per Jeremiah 5:31
 
The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will you do in the end thereof?”
 
Did you get that, these false preachers lie because the followers LOVE to hear it?
“and my people love to have it so”
 
 
There you have it, MY people love it and want it so…..God’s people love it this way and welcome such……the modern Church likes it that way.....believers are glad to have it so…..Church folks love such things and so with that they get their ears tickled in a religious building.
 
Nothing new under the sun. Something never change, remember in 1Samuel 8 the children of Israel wanted to have a king like the other nations, rather than judges, God’s way. God said no, but the people wanted it so.
 
The examples are many and this should not surprising to anyone that reads the Bible?
 
 
There is a reason we find blatant lies told in Churches about the character of a holy God, which in any other time would have been rigorously discerned and rejected by all, yet now has a growing following?
 
Because, My people love to have it so.
 
Why are there so many mega Churches?
Because, My people love it so
 
Why is the Church leavened?
Because, My people love it so
 
Why do we find ministers teaching grace only?
  Because, my people love to have it so
 
Why do pastors demand $upport for their ministry?
  Because, My people love to have it so
 
Why does the Church preach tolerance?
Because, My people love to have it so
 
  Why are there so many denominations?
Because, My people love to have it so
 
Why do Churches have every type of ministry but the commission of preaching to the unsaved?
Because, My people love to have it so
 
  Why is the Church subdued on abortion?
Because, My people love to have it so
 
  Why is the Church so submissive to the government?
Because, My people love to have it so
 
  Why does a Sunday service need so much praise music?
Because, My people love to have it so
 
  Why do evangelists need the big smile when teaching?
Because, My people love to have it so
 
Why are Churches more of a pep rally than a place of edification?
 Because, My people love to have it so
 
  Why does the Church allow sodomites to teach their choir and use their pulpits?
Because, My people love to have it so
 
Why are Churches filled with pure emotion?
Because, My people love to have it so
 
  Why do the Churches promote “Judge Not?” Because, My people love to have it so
 
  Why are Churches lacking in meaty issues? Because, My people love to have it so
 
  Why do Churches defend sin more than holy living? Because, My people love to have it so
 
Why don’t Churches use the REPENT today?
 Because, My people love to have it so.
 
 
 
ARE YOU A SOLDIER OF THE CROSS?
 
Funny how we have so many pacifists today that claim to blanket themselves with those warrior scriptures and have never seen the enemy face to face on the battle field, save their keyboard.
 
We find many verses just in the New Testament where a military metaphors used, for example we find words like: fellow soldier, good soldier, devout soldier, armor of God, stand firm, enemy, battle, fight, contend, weapons, sword, war and Captain.
 
“Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ”
 
I wonder why many ministries have what is known as a ‘retreat.’ I despise that word, we should always rush and attack, marching forward and not retreat.
 
 
 
Maybe this video clip will move you to grab your helmet and attack behind enemy lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltkvFs2Kscg
 
Charge and crash the devil’s watering hole, stand strong in bring LIGHT to darkness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIVrwSd_3tI
 
 
OUR LORD IS ALIVE AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD!!
 
 
 
This past Sunday was RESURRECTION DAY and many will argue that the date is pagan and they do have a valid point.
  Did Jesus rise from the dead on that day?
 
Most likely not, however it is good that the world will put one day aside and honor the Son of God who ROSE from the dead as without that resurrection, Christianity is just another religion.
 
“And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain”
1 Corinthians 15:14
 
I do not celebrate today with colored eggs, baskets, chocolate bunnies or marshmallow chicks, I honor that the grave is empty and our Lord is now seated at the right hand of the Father.
 
It is good as a person, as a family, as a nation, as a statement to the world that Jesus THE Christ is alive. I understand religion will leaven this day with tradition, I know this was not the date and the history for such date but I will honor the resurrection today, be it in May, or in July, it is good to acknowledge that our savior is ALIVE.
 
Like having communion, which is not His literal body but done in REMEMBRANCE OF HIM, in that same spirit this date is in remembrance of that beloved resurrection. I know the ‘fault finders and heresy hunters’ live for days like this but honoring a day of resurrection is not salvation pending and my conscience is clear.
 
  “Unto the pure all things are pure…..”
 
Reality check from your Uncle Ruben, while some will argue and debate the roots of celebrating Resurrection Day, allow me to remind you that believers TODAY are being put to death for their faith that Jesus ROSE from the dead.
 
Anyone can say ‘Jesus is Lord’ today. However to say that knowing it will cost you your life and the lives of your children as per this photo of mother with children killed by Islam.
 
Her faith in the Resurrection is NOT in vain
 
“Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost”
1 Corinthians 12:3