Tuesday, December 4, 2012



 
….FINISHED THE COURSE.
 
I received a phone call Saturday morning from a broken Kevin Deegan from upstate New York, he informed me that street preacher Bruce Perrault has graduated from life to eternal life. He is home now, his faith a reality. He passed away within minutes of our conversation, as Kevin has been trying to contact a number of us that knew Bruce.
Bother Kevin introduced Brother Perrault to open air preaching and Bruce jumped in with both feet. I met and preached with Bruce at many event and many cities for a number of years. To say he was a fast learner, would be an understatement. He joined me in
New Orleans a few times, Washington DC, New York, Salt Lake City and we even went to England and Scotland
together.
He was a man who was not ashamed of the Gospel and when he preached, he did so with passion. Veins would protrude from his neck, his face literally turned red as he preach and spoke with enthusiasm and zeal. Street preaching was not recital with Bruce.

Meet him once and you will always remember him.
Bruce Perrault was a family man, who worked with his hands and made time out of his life to contend for the faith, please pray for Bruce’s family at this time.
Job well done, my Brother.
 
 
It is authorized, certified, endorsed, sanctioned, approved and now legitimate.
It is now official that soccer is now a game
 
It is only an ‘official game’ if street preachers are outside the venue.  Unless of course we are in Rome and open air preachers are inside the stadium and on the field as part of the bloody sport.  For decades we have done college and pro games that played football, baseball, basketball, championship wresting, PGA games, hockey, NASCAR and even monster trucks .  We have been outside playoff games, championship games and super bowl events exhorting the ball-dolaters of the God of the Bible.  
To date we have not yet sent street preachers outside any bowling games, synchronized swimming, arm wresting, or championship poker.  We have yet done tennis, as we can reach these same people at any local sodomite parade. Therefore those games mentioned are yet to be ‘official.’

 
So on Saturday, I stood at the ‘Home Depot Center’ outside of Los Angeles to witness and preach at the championship soccer game to the crowds going into that stadium to watch that checkered ball getting kicked into a net and to hear the announcer yell “GOOOOOoooOOOoooOoOoOooOoOoOOoooOoOooal.” 

 
It was my very own Los Angeles team who were playing Houston and my banner had two words on it for the simple minded.  TRUST JESUS.   And even with that, those people were upset because I was (as they said) ‘protesting’ another person yelled at me ‘Not here, not soccer, why us?’ as if no one who watches soccer goes to hellfire.  Most of the people were polite and a number of “Amen’s’ were shouted.
I had preached outside the ‘word cup’ when it was at the Rose Bowl in 1994 and even went into the stadium to hang a “John 3:16’ sign during the final game.  The Lord even allowed me to preach to Pele who walked right by me, what timing for a street preacher.   I exhorted him to Trust in Jesus Christ and not miss the real goal of going to Heaven.  He just looked at me and kept walking with a smile as everyone wanted an autograph or a picture from him, and I wanted to give him something. 
So Saturday should mark a big date in the sports world, that soccer is now an officially a sport, with a big game many watched, celebrities, network TV, Goodyear blimp overhead and now a banner outside to confirm.

 

The Lord had me stand at the main entrance where cars, buses and people were everywhere.  Parking is always an issue at these venues but not when you serve God, as I parked for free about 30 yards from where I stood.  At events like this it can be difficult to get people to stop and discuss the Bible with you when they have a ticket that cost them $100.00-500.00 dollars. So we reach and that plant or water that seed and pray that someone will reap that harvest as per John 4:38; “I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours”

 
The LA team won the game, their second MLS Cup in a row, as next year many with have faith in their team to win.   I however, am thankful my God is not a sport god, that my God will not forsake me to another city, nor my God leave me for another team for more money and with my God we always win, even with death.
“Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain”
1 Corinthians 9:24


 
 
TO PRAY OR NOT TO PRAY….

How often do you hear believers say or write, “we need to pray for them’ or ‘I will pray for that person to get saved’ and the famous ‘I will pray for you.’ In many circles, this sounds very spiritual and even considered the right thing to do. But allow me to balance out something on that nice saying and rightly divide. Did you know there are times we SHOULD NOT PRAY for people?

How unloving you say or think, well that was marching orders from God, for example, He told Jeremiah
“Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee” Jeremiah 7:16

And again He said….
“Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble”
Jeremiah 11:14

And just for good measure for those of you that have a hard time believing such, He said again to Jeremiah;
“Then said the LORD unto me, Pray not for this people for their good”
Did you get that? God saying not to pray for certain people, well that’s a sermon you will not hear on Sundays anytime soon.

It has been my understanding that most people that say they pray for you, will most likely forget after one prayer and those who never say anything or write anything, will pray often. Which is the way it should be, no need to promote to everyone that you will pray, just do so and God will reward you openly. That’s the way it works. Pray if you must, but keep it to yourself, unless you want everyone to know and it is only done to be seen of men.

Then there are times we are not to pray, as even Jesus said to His disciples;
‘I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine’ John 17:9
How unloving for Jesus to (A) make that statement and (B) the Holy Ghost inspire John to write it and remind us of that.  Unless of course God wanted us to know this and obey this.


Try saying ‘I will not pray for that person or people’ on a facebook page, youtube site or Christian chat-room, maybe during Sunday school and Church service. You will be instantly rebuked for being cruel or callous, you will be called unChrist like and unloving. But never ‘thanked’ for being Biblical and obeying God.  Here is a NEWS FLASH, you are not obligated to even say “Amen” after a prayer.  By saying “Amen” for in doing so, you just agreed to it or signed your name to said prayer and not every prayer is getting my agreement.

Just trying to give balance to a Bipolar Christianity, there are times that you are not obligated to pray for everyone as I submit just a few verses from the Masters Table, for mouths with teeth to chew.



 
FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE
Here is a delightful clip with Brother Brian with his family and Bill using a local Christmas parade to share the Gospel with Christian vehicles, tracts, and music.
One should be a witness in their own home town before taking God’s Word to the world as per Acts 1:8; But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost
 part of the earth” 
Click and enjoy or get inspired to do.
 
Brother Mark and family preaching from within the Bowling Green Christmas parade the story of Luke chapter two.


 
PRAY FOR US:
Has Mark and I will be heading out this evening to preach at the Bruce Springsteen concert in Orange county.