Sunday, October 28, 2012

 
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
 
….to me….it was on October 22nd 1979 that I was BORN AGAIN and truly made a new creature IN CHRIST.

It was around
10:30PM
in 1979 and I was alone in my room and cried out to God and that night I was saved. I hungered after the Word of God immediately and the very next day I bought a Bible. I started to read my Bible verse by verse with a dictionary next to me and learned about the God I thought I knew.

Within three months of my bed room conversion, I had many questions on the Church where I was raised, the Catholic Church. I found issues with what I was taught as a child and what the Bible now reads, so I made an appointment to speak to a priest at the Church I grew up in and get these questions answered.

I remember that meeting was on a Saturday at the very church I went to school at for a number of years and my parents help built, so our family was well known there. I met with one of the priests and explained what happened on October 22nd and my yearning for reading the Bible, hence the purpose for the meeting.

I questioned a number of things on what Catholics believe and what I have read in the Bible and I questioned why Catholics are not told to read or study our Bibles. Well that meeting only lasted about 10 minutes, as the priest informed me that he was the one who went to school, he was the one ordained of God and he was the one that has the education to read that Bible and if I continued to read the Bible I would get confused. My advise from him was to stop reading the Bible and obey the church. As he stood up to leave the room, the meeting was officially over and just before he walked out. He said “Now Ruben, you will be at mass on Sunday right? I will see you there, right?”

I agreed, and I was true to my word. I was there on Sunday morning, however this time I was not going inside, I was standing outside the very Church I grew up in, the very Church my friends and neighbors were. Why even my mother was sitting alone at this very service. And I stood at the steps of my once church and publicly preached about the God of the Bible at age 18.
 

I knew nothing on free speech, of the history of open air preachers and how many other men preached this way in the Bible. I stood with my black Bible raised and preached to people that knew me, I even called out a few by names. I knew most if not all have never read that big family Catholic Bible they had on their coffee table.

Everyone seemed to walk away shaking their heads at me in shame, some said, I was crazy or was I on drugs. I was even confronted by a few altar boys that asked ‘Ruben does father know what you are doing out here?” I replied, ”Yes, my Father knows what I am doing.” I did not know many verses on preaching, I was just moved to read my Bible and now go preach, as those words I proclaimed came out as naturally as breathing.

Later my mother told me that people in Church were asking if she knew her son was outside yelling at everyone. She only sat there alone and said nothing.

Over 30 years later, not much has changed, other than the fact that I have now gone beyond that sidewalk of my old Church to proclaim Jesus to lost people, be it religious people or sinners flaunting their sin in public.

In those 30 plus years, I can say;
I have NEVER doubted my salvation on that night back in 1979.
I have NEVER considered another religion.
I have NEVER desire to live in sin after that night.
I have NEVER questioned God when personal trauma faced me.
I have NEVER stopped reading the Bible, over and over.
I have NEVER questioned nor doubted the method of how I preach.
I have NEVER considered being used in another part within the body of Christ.
I have NEVER considered exchanging my way of Christianity
to a regular Sunday Church folk.



My testimony is not very Hollywood, I never heard a verbal voice of God, never had Jesus or cherubs appear to me, I never saw the blinking lights, not even visions of heaven or hell, or feeling of peace in my body and was moved by emotion. Bottom line, I cried to God, read the Bible and was inspired to do.

I DO NOT need to see a dead man get raised from the dead to believe more in God.
I DO NOT need to see a broken hand made whole to know our God can heal.
I DO NOT need to hear verbally from God to know what my function is.
I DO NOT need God to confirm with signs that I am on the right path.
I DO NOT need to have anyone think I am of God and tell to assist my walk.
I DO NOT need to see one person saved to keep me preaching the way I do.
I DO NOT need please people with what I know I need to say.

And not only was I willing to give up my life, friends, even family, to be hated, punched, beat and jailed for my faith. After three decades, I have done it and do not begrudge a single day, as it is only my duty in Christ. No more, no less.

So this day is my personal Fourth of July and I am thanked that I have been set free and I fully promote the God of the Bible with much liberty and gratitude, as on this date I became a citizen of the
kingdom of God
.
 
 
The Bible to me is not a book with pages, but something I have tasted and it is good. With that I will continue to preach as the Lord waxed strong my upbringing and I see no change in the near future.

Happy Birthday to me, as I am very thankful
to live for God.
 
To read more about my family, see this article that was posted just this month:
 
 
MAY THIS IMAGE BURN IN YOUR MIND:
 
Need a visual on Ezekiel 3:17-18; “Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand”
How many people, family members, neighbors, co-workers will have their blood on your hands because you did not WARN THEM.
Do you ever sound the alarm when you see the enemy outside or inside the camp and warn everyone or have we now a new watchman that wishes to befriend the enemy and looks to find a medium ground with them and that warning sound is now a little tambourine?
 
Think we just warn the sinner, we are to WARN that person who turned his back on God and licks that vomit as well; “Again, When a righteous man turns from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because you have not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood will
I require at your hand”
Ezek.3:20
 
Is there a ‘gift’ of being a WARNER and a WATCHMAN or is most of Christianity on the witness protection program, and what will your fingers look like when you stand before a Holy God?
 
 
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
 
If you plan on preaching on any campus in America or if your child goes to public school, that Tuesday October 30th is ‘Mix It Up Day.’  I plan on going to the University of Irvine in Orange county that day as we will address the Muslims attending as well.  For some reason, that campus is a mini Dearborn.
 
What is ‘Mix It Up Day’ you ask, it is a national campaign launched by ‘teaching tolerance’ so they say, over a decade ago.  The ‘Mix It Up’ day encourages all students to identify, question and cross social boundaries.  It was started by the ‘Southern Poverty Law Center’ who is using this project to bully-push its gay agenda and at the same time intimidate or silence all students who have a Biblical view of homosexuality. 
 
This ‘Southern Poverty Law Center’ is a nonprofit civil rights organization noted for its legal victories against white supremacist groups; its legal representation for victims of hate groups; its monitoring of alleged hate groups, militias and extremist organizations; and its educational programs that promote tolerance.  They are active in civil rights causes, cases concerned with institutional racial segregation and discrimination, the mistreatment of illegal aliens and the separation of church and state.
 
Oh, did I mention that my name and ‘Bible Believers’ were on their warning hate radar?  Yes they mention my name on their ‘hate list’ for my public preaching against Islam and our signs decrying Islam as a false religion.  According to them, I preach that Islam is “a religion of blood and murder” and describing the Islamic prophet Muhammad as a “liar,” “false prophet,” “murderer” and “child molesting pervert.”  And what’s wrong with that?
 
I am coupled with Terry Jones, Pastor of the ‘Dove World Outreach Center’ who was known for burning the Koran.  They also note that I make rails against “homo sex, Mormons, drunkards, Mardi Gras, Pot Smoking Devils, Billy Graham, and Oprah Winfrey, among others.”  Well, with Oprah noted I guess I really am a hater?
 
The director of ‘Southern Poverty Law Center’ says “The reality is we are not a hate group but a truth group.”  As they put the ‘American Family Association’ on its national list of active hate groups.  How about you, are you the ‘hate radar’ or the fellowship you associate with are they even a bleep on the radar. 
 
 
HALLOWEEN IS COMING
 
Which means we will be walking the streets of Hollywood preaching the ‘treat’ is JESUS and most will be ‘tricked’ into hellfire.  If you do not wish to go out, this is a night where people come to your door.  Tracts will be taken without question.