Thursday, December 29, 2011

FAREWELL 2011


Last night I did my last preach of 2011 in Los Angeles, the event was a Bob Seger concert at Staples and I must say it was an interesting group. These people were coming in with canes, wheel chairs and walkers, I even saw one blind woman with a white cane tapping her way to the concert. One guy that seemed in his 80’s was being wheeled in by his nurse, and the sidewalk reeked of BenGay and Mothballs.

Husbands pushing their wives in a wheel chair, wives standing behind their husbands walker to keep them up and what seemed like grandkids walking their grandparents into the concert and a few people had to take off their glasses and clean them just to read my banner. I personally do not know who this Bob Seger guy is or was, but he filled Staples Center and he has a following, maybe not for long but he has them.

There is something I had witnessed last night and I must share this wit you. That is, white men can’t dance. Especially old white men!! You got to be on drugs or with this crowd, hardcore prescriptions to think you can dance with any type of rhythm but when God created the white race, He did not inserted the dance gene into the wiring as I saw this first hand.





Some of these old gals that rolled by me after reading my banner with a laundry list of sin found from Galatians chapter 5:19-21 said; “F*** OFF, you A** Ho** JERK!!” So many of these people had such a hard heart, in the twilight of their life. We have all heard people say that before they die they will cry out to God and God must save them. Well, based on what I witnessed, that is a lie, these people will be too hard and stiff neck to cry out to God. No wonder we have issues with their children and grandchildren, the rotten fruit did not fall far from the dead tree.



ONE WOULD THINK THESE PEOPLE SO CLOSE TO DEATH WOULD NOT BE SO BITTER TOWARDS GOD….YOU WOULD THINK?

Overall, these people heard and saw the Word of God as they limped by us and they reacted as a person waiting to be executed would react if someone walked up and down death row with a picture of the last person that was just zapped in the chair. These people no doubt know their time is limited and they do not want to be reminded of their fate. It was a great night in downtown LA as the sidewalks were filled with humans, traffic was jammed around Staples and limos were dropping people off around us.

VEGAS OR BUST:




Today Brother Grant from Portland is coming to my house as Friday he will drive with Mark and I to Las Vegas as we will preach, Whatever Happens In Vegas Does Not Stay In Vegas BUT IS NOTED FROM HEAVEN! There we will yoke up with a few local brethren and six street preachers from New Mexico and one from Phoenix. We will be preaching Friday evening on Las Vegas Blvd and New Years Eve when they close down the Street for the party mob, as we will be planted by Caesars Palace till about 2AM. Sunday afternoon we head back to Los Angeles to walk the Rose Parade and preach at the Rose Bowl on Monday.

Pray for us grunts as we plow the difficult fields where everyone is saved, knows God and are the elect because they repeated a prayer once. Prayer for safe travels and endurance from our end as we will face an unmanageable crowd, also for favor with the police as for years we have kept the Las Vegas Metro Police department busy puling people away from us and arresting drunks that get a little to close and personal.



“YES I LOVE JESUS”




The majority of the people we preach too in America, say they believe in God and even acknowledge that they “love God’ however when asked how do they know they love God. They reply, “because I feel it” or something lame like “well, I praise Him all the time.” As if that’s evidence of our love towards God?

John records what Jesus had to say about the matter as He summed it up in just 7 words;
“If you love me, keep my commandments”
John 14:21

He did not say; “If you love me, just tell me” or “remind Him” nor did He say “If you love me, just sing a song to me.” He said to DO SOMETHING and it is not going to church or watching TBN. Our love for God should be ACTION or do I dare say the “W” word? WORKS!

Our modern day Church loves to use the book of John, because that writer amplifies God’s love towards mankind, in fact I would say more gospels of John are handed out than any other book. If someone gets saved at Church, he is told to start reading the book of John and of course the most famous verse used is John 3:16 and let us not forget that it was John that placed his head on Jesus at the last supper. God’s love to us is not the issue, the issue provoked, is our love towards God.





Now if we use John and his writings, I believe that we can understand how the Bible can be a ‘double edged sword’ and can cut both ways as it is that same book of John where we can define how we love God. As this gets very little attention.

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man loves me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him”
-John 14:23


God did not say, “I love mankind” it was demonstrated with the Father giving His son, hence there was ACTION. Jesus did not walk around earth, telling everyone He loved His Father, He was obedient to the Cross as His love was in ACTION





Jesus did not tell is disciples, that if they loved God to place it on a bumper sticker, but to OBEY HIM.
“He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me”
John 14:24

We are exhorted as believers to not let our love be in words but in DEEDS as that is proof of our love towards God.
“For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not burdensome”
1 John 5:3

I remember once at a concert, where this one kid says to me how much he loved Jesus and I said ‘Not if don’t keep His commandments’ to which he says “I will show you how much I love Jesus.” As he pulled off a button that was pinned to his shirt with the face of Jesus on it and opened it up so that the pointed edge was pointing out from the button and he began stabbing himself with the needle from the button. While yelling “I love Jesus…..I love Jesus.” Blood was pouring out from his body from all the pricks he was giving himself as his shirt was almost purple from the bleeding. His buddy just stood there and watched him stabbing himself, jumping up and down, screaming how much he loved Jesus as I tried to stop him. After the needle was bent and could not puncture him anymore, he said to me, how that proved how much he loved Jesus and walked away. Not everyone is that extreme, but people love God like they love ice cream.





Still not convinced? How about this verse;
“And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it”
2 John 1:6

And again using John ‘that old love bug’ guy, he clarifies that God is not concerned with your praises of love, prayers of how much you love God, if it is without works to match.
“My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth”
1 John 3:18

Lastly, the Apostle Paul devoted an entire chapter to define the word love or as he calls it ‘charity’ found in 1Corinthians chapter 13 and it is filled with ACTION from our end. In this old street preachers opinion, the word ‘love’ has been watered down as so many words today, like believe, Christian, disciple, and even gay. But praise the LORD for God’s written Word that will shed light to the right path for those with eyes to see.




“Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path”




WHO SAYS SIGNS ARE NOT USEFUL?






OR, MAYBE IT’S JUST OUR SIGNS?




http://www.officialstreetpreachers.com/