Tuesday, November 9, 2010

HALLOWEEN NIGHT


“NEITHER GIVE PLACE TO THE DEVIL” -Eph. 4:27

Last Saturday we preached at the Anaheim Convention center where Muslim scholars gathered to review the religion of Islam in the day time and that evening there was a CAIR meeting at the Hilton yards just away from the Convention center. CAIR is the ‘Council on American-Islamic Relations’ and a front for terrorists. CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties advocacy organization that deals with civil advocacy and promotes human rights…..yeah right? Next thing they will push is Islam is the religion of peace.
We stood outside promoting the Jesus of the Bible as per the Only Begotten SON of God and made sure everyone understood there is a big gulf between real Christianity and the Muslim faith, between Jesus and Muhammad, between the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the god of Islam, between the Bible and the koran.
“Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword” -Matthew 10:34
We were not there to find a medium ground or to sing kumbaya with this religion, but to expound that they do not know the Jesus of the Bible. We hammered them for (A) not knowing one can have eternal life, (B) their good works are never good enough, (C) we introduced them to Muhammad the child molester and (D) exposed the bloody history of Islam. These religious devils did not even have the backbone to refute us infidels that boldly reproved them. One even walked up and wanted a group hug, saying how much he loved us and we all believed in the same God. This was a very liberal bunch as even their women walked around in paints, and I guess Big Brother was watching this event so they needed to keep a positive profile.

Sunday night was Halloween and there were many events and cities where street preachers offered the ‘treat’ of eternal life publicly. This year I did not travel anywhere for Halloween, I stayed at home thinking it would be safe. So we went to Hollywood and I raised a banner with just two large words on it; “TRUST JESUS” and hey what can go wrong with that? As with any sidewalk preach, we stood on the edge of the sidewalk next to the street so we will not block the flow of traffic on the sidewalk. Most people walked by our banners, with a small number that took tracts and just a few stopped to take our pictures or ask questions.

Well we lasted over two hours on Hollywood Blvd before LAPD walked up and surrounded Mark and I on the sidewalk and police cars stopping around us in the street. It looked like a hostile drug bust or maybe a Hollywood film getting produced. BUT instead it was Mark and I that were ‘making no small stir’ bringing light into this dark demonic night. I was told by a high ranking officer that we were creating a bottleneck of people on the sidewalk, so I told him we have video tape and no one was standing around, in fact it was just the opposite as sinners were fleeing from our method of preaching. He told me that he was a Christian and that “we can exercise our Freedom of Religion elsewhere, but not here not now”……I had always considered Hollywood as part of America, butI could be wrong? At this point he declared Mark and I as an “Unlawful Assembly” and I was given “5 minutes” to leave or face arrest. Then after just one minute I was told I now have “one minute” to leave or I will get arrested and within seconds of that command he ordered the officers to arrest me. As I’m getting handcuffed the crowd now began to gather to watch a man with a ‘TRUST JESUS’ sign get cuffed and placed into a black and white squad car. He then threatened the other brothers to move or face also getting arrested as well and he even took the tracts from a believer that was just passing out leaflets to people watching the seize……but the story does not end.



And as the late Paul Harvey would say……“And now the rest of the story”……….

After about 10 minutes, I was pulled from the police car and once out I said “if you need my wallet it is in my left pocket” to which this high ranking officer said “I don’t need it” as he looked at the other officers and ordered them to now uncuff me. He again reminded me that he was a Christian and he knew why we were there but we were the only ones on Hollywood causing a commotion and he needed to do something. As I listened, I could see he made a mistake by placing me under arrest and needed to somehow bow out from this big mess he made and so he was convicted and needed to release me. However, I was told to leave Hollywood Blvd.
Can we say “Da ja voo” from the days of Paul and Silas?
“And they came and besought them, and brought them out, and desired them to depart out of the city” -Acts 16:39
I then walked one block where Joel and Isidro were preaching and I saw that Mark and Saunders and others were with them. So I walked across the street to meet up with them and OH my…..the look on their faces……why when they saw me, they looked as if they saw a ghost or something. I told them what happened and we rejoiced that I was not dragged off to jail or city lock up.

I would like to point out a few things regarding my arrest that one may never learn in Bible college. This was not the first time I’ve been cuffed and released within minutes as once the police placed me in a patrol car and drove to me to another street and dropped me off there. However this police officer was in the wrong, no one will argue that but I did not get into a shouting match of my First Amendment rights nor did I resist the officers and fall to the floor only to have them drag me off kicking and screaming. That would be what protesters do and WE ARE NOT PROTESTERS, WE ARE PREACHERS. I submit to authorities as per Romans 13 so when I was told I was under arrest, I gave over my banner and placed my hands behind my back, I know the position well. I even joked with the officers that were cuffing me. When I was walking to the police unit, I did not have my head down as if I need to be ashamed of a crime I’ve committed. My head was held high as I was placed into that patrol car with my Christian shirt on before Hollywood Blvd as a testimony.
“Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf”



As I sat in that police car, I DID NOT think about lawyers and suing the city of Los Angeles, that was the furriest thing from my mind. I REJOICED to be worthy to partake of being hated for the sake of the Gospel and did not care about my Free Speech rights at that moment. I say this to admonish anyone that gets arrested for preaching, that if your primary concern is how your Free Speech was hindered, YOU NEED TO GET REWIRED. Street Preachers should not be about civil rights as those laws will change from year to year and country to country, we should be about a holy kingdom that is eternal and if we are hated, persecuted, falsely accused, beaten or jailed it should be for the sake of the Gospel.
“And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name”

Getting arrested was common everywhere when the Apostles preached in the book of Acts:
“And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide” -Acts 4:3

“And laid their hands on the apostles, and put them in the common prison”
-Acts 5:18

“Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned”
-Acts 5:26

“And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people” -Acts 12:4

And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast [them] into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely” -Acts 16:23

“Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me” -Acts 20:23

“Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus” -Acts 21:13


HERE ARE A HANDFUL OF SNIPS TAKEN FROM JUST ONE BOOK (ACTS) AS TO WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THE APOSTLES PREACHED IN PUBLIC AND COMPARE IT TO WHAT GETS PREACHED ON THE STREETS TODAY COUPLED WITH THE SINNERS RESPONCE.

“made no small stir about that way”

“ the whole city was filled with confusion”

“ all the city was moved, and the people ran together”

“For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me”

“This man was taken of the Jews, and should have been killed of them: then came I with an army, and rescued him, having understood that he was a Roman”

“These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city”

“These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also”

“they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers”

“set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people”

“When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth”

“Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord”

“And as they cried out, and cast off [their] clothes, and threw dust into the air”

“took soldiers and centurions, and ran down unto them: and when they saw the chief captain and the soldiers, they left beating of Paul”

“ For the multitude of the people followed after, crying, Away with him”

“having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead”

“Peter therefore was kept in prison”

“And cast him out of the city, and stoned him”

“And as they went about to kill him, tidings came unto the chief captain of the band, that all Jerusalem was in an uproar”

“laying wait in the way to kill him”

“Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the city, and stoned him”

“They have beaten us openly uncondemned”

“Away with such a fellow from the earth: for it is not fit that he should live”

“the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison”

“the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them”

“he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him"

“Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the city, and stoned him…..”

“And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law”


John the Baptist was jailed for rebuking the king, as was Jesus who was arrested and falsely charged after 3 years of ministry. Most of the New Testament was written from a jail cell and how common do we hear TV evangelists or Pastors getting arrested? Well other than for drugs, drunk driving, molestation or embezzlement. Know this, getting arrested, detained and even cited IS ACTUAL FRUIT from Biblical preaching (See Acts for details). Whereas today whoever says how much they love sinners, or how far they drove to preach to them will constitute evidence of the Holy Ghost. Discerning alarms go off when I hear preachers shout out just how much they love sinners or how much they will pray for them to get saved as they bellow with a weeping voice. PREACHING IS NOT ABOUT US, it is about exposing the standard of God and trusting in Jesus. Regarding our prayers, keep that in your prayer-closet and God will reward you openly

“But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly” -Matthew 6:6

Avoid the I’m so filled with love, I feel the need to tell everyone I’m praying for them in public, as this seems to be the norm with street preachers that sit under no one and are moved more by zeal than inspiration.
“And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward”
-Matthew 6:5
I can just see John the Baptist saying how much he really loves everyone and how he is rebuking them out of love and not hate. Did Jesus ever boast about how much He loves people because he just walked from Bethsaida to Cana and now to Bethany just for them? Was Stephen put to death because he made an issue of how much he loved the people he was preaching to?
IT’S NOT ABOUT US, it is about JESUS.

Here is a clip taken outside the Oslo jail about 4AM as Petar, Craft, Larry and myself just walked outside the city jail cell after being arrested in Norway for preaching. We were not angry because our rights were violated, but rather we rejoiced that we were worthy and if a picture is worth a 1000 words, than this clip is worth 100,000.


STREET PREACHERS GET OUT OF JAIL IN OSLO, NORWAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqJO1Z0EBXc



Preaching with Joel Halloween night on Hollywood Blvd pre-arrest:
http://www.youtube.com/user/REPENTB4UDYNOW1#p/u


Street Preacher Saunders on Hollywood pre-arrest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taK-7th6dMk


Here is a youtube clip from Joel of the arrest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU3t5P6HQeM


Here is a youtube clip from Saunders of the arrest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3j114SyJpA&feature=email


Brother Doug, JK, Scott and Larry preached ‘Fantasy Fest’ in Key West and it was wild with this outstanding video that just might move you to join us next year as per Psalms 94:16.


Fantasy Fest 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hballDRac6s




Brother Brian, Grant and Jeremy preached light into the darken Bourbon Street during the yearly Voodoo Fest in New Orleans, with the crowd more violent than a Mardi Gras.



VOODOO FEST ON BOURBON ST. FROM THE WATCHMAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p9sKQqngL8


VOODOO FEST FROM BIBLE BRIAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExDo20CgOCs







This peach clip was sent to me
Pastor Brock gets spit on in Salem MA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf_hUOI9xrw






Decision Against Street Preacher Reversed
“…….Joseph David Bane and Joshua Glidewell were arrested in downtown Greenville in September 2007 after they wore signs saying: "Gay pride is why Sodom got fried," and passers-by said that they were singled out by the men and verbally harassed….”
http://www.wyff4.com/news/25671639/detail.html


SC High Court Overturns Greenville Street Preacher Conviction
“ COLUMBIA, S.C. --South Carolina's high court has overturned the conviction of a man arrested for preaching against homosexuality on a sidewalk in downtown Greenville…..”
http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/nov/08/4/sc-high-court-overturns-greenville-street-preacher-ar-1065399/


Part of Greenville 'street preaching' ordinance declared unconstitutional
“The South Carolina Supreme Court has declared unconstitutional part of a city ordinance used to convict a street preacher of disturbing......”
http://www.greenvilleonline.com